Sunday, October 19, 2008

 
Again, it has been over a month since I last posted. I was spending quite a bit of time still in Lethbridge with Dad. Near the end of September, I started to not see him as much. I was sort of trying to get him used to not seeing us for the winter.

About the 6th of October, I got a call from the nursing home that indicated that he wasn't doing all that well. They were recommending that his care level be changed to Level 1 which would keep him comfortable. So, I got hold of my brother and the two of us showed up back in Lethbridge to spend some time. I spent the week there and had said my Good Byes and also gave him permission to just relax and let himself go. He is 94, after all. My brother had done the same. I left for home at lunch on Friday and Ian (my brother) was staying until Saturday morning when he was leaving to fly back to Vancouver.

I got a phone call in the middle of Friday night that said he had taken a turn for the worse and they did not expect him to last the night. In less than 1 hour, I had got a second call that said he had passed away. Ian, my brother, had got to the nursing home about 5 minutes after he had passed away.

This past week, I have been back in Lethbridge arranging for his funeral and atarting all the proceedings for his will.

All in all, it has been a very busy summer. This may sound cruel, but we are looking forward to heading south to try and get some relaxation in.

Al





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?