Monday, June 29, 2009

I drove back to the dealer today and we finalized the deal. Our offer was sort of accepted. We had to add GST. So, we now own a motorhome. We even have the bill of sale that says so.

I left the car with the dealer so that he could start the process of wiring and installing the tow hitch on it. They are going to do the wiring today and then install the base plate when it comes in tomorrow.

We had left a list of questions with the salesman on Saturday and when I got there, the motorhome was already in the shop getting some of that stuff addressed. I picked up the manuals and have browsed through them. I just need time to organize and read them.

They lent me a car so that I could go back to Keith and Lee's tonight. I will head back tomorrow and hopefully, it will be ready to hit the road tomorrow night. The only problem is that it will be July 1 (Canada Day) eve. In Kelowna. Boy will there be a lot of traffic. All them D___ Albertan's coming to BC for vacation. School is out and the population is going to explode.

Not much else tonight, so I will sign off for now.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

I think there is a country song that best describes what Sue and I have done - "Well, we gone and dun it".

This is our newest expenditure. Maybe Monday, we will find out exactly how much we have to pay for our silliness. The dealer owner was not in, so we could not get an approval on our offer.

We finally got to have a look at the motor home yesterday and took it for a drive. Actually, our friend Keith took it for a drive and then I brought it back to the dealer. It will take me a while to get fully comfortable with it, but I was able to drive it. To say the least, the drive home should be interesting.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Well, if things did not change, it would be a boring world. But this is good, I think. Keith and Lee had dinner with our other friends Ben & Barb and Jim & Carolyn. They have asked that if our schedule permits, they would like to see us during the weekend. So, good thing our plans are written in Jello, we are having Sue stay until Sunday afternoon.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Well, I got word today from the RV Dealer. He has indicated that the Motorhome should be delivered from Freightliner tomorrow. As Sue and I are both working this weekend, we are not heading out. Currently the plan is for me to head to Calgary on Thursday and then head to Sorento on Friday. We will head to Kelowna on Saturday. If the unit talks to us and we decide to go for it, Sue has a ticket to fly home from Kelowna on Satruday night. I will stay in Sorento and finalize the deal during the week.

More to come.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hi everyone, I decided that maybe I should give my two cents worth. I am looking forward to go to BC whenever the rig is ready for review and maybe buy it if it "feels" right. Both Allan and I have a tendancy to walk into something and we will be say yes or no right away from the feel of it - so far that has never let us down.

It will also be nice to see Keith and Lee and everyone else who lives in that area again. Sometimes I feel like I'm going through withdrawals. It will be nice if we purchase a motorhome so we can do some small trips when we are south. Go for a visit to Mexico, go see friends in the LA area and take trips to areas we haven't seen before.

Anyways we are off to Pine Lake for the day to see Bob and Jeanette.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

I convinced Sue that we could drive out on Friday, look at the coach on Saturday and if we decided to go ahead, she could fly back on Sunday. Got the ticket and everything. Then the dealer phoned. The part was not shipped to Kelowna by Montreal. Heck, Montreal does not even have it. It was back ordered to them. Maybe next week.

Thankfully, it was less than 24 hours since I booked Sue's ticket, so I was able to get a complete refund. By the way, the reason I am trying to get Sue to go out and have a look is because, even though she has given me permission to purchase this, if anything is not right, I would probably never heard the end of it. As a male, I am just covering my ass(ets).

Thursday, June 04, 2009

During further discussions with the RV dealership, all of the parts came in except one. That should be here the middle of next week. So, no travelling this weekend.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?