Monday, January 02, 2012

Man oh man, it really is true. If you want something done, you have to do it yourself. I love my wife , but she obviously is really busy because she has not taken a turn at updating the Blog. Now, I know that I am going to hear about this, but, I gotta be me.

We got the flooring all done in the Park Model and it looks great. It shows the dust really easy, but you just keep it dusted.

Sue went with her friend and delivered her husband to the airport. Then, on black Friday, he was scheduled to come back. So, the girls got up early and headed back to Phoenix. They were going to do some shopping before Bob got back at 2:30. Well, Bob phoned and said he missed his connecting flight in Detroit because he spent some time with Immigration. Bob's flight arrived at 6:30, so the girls had an extra 4 hours of shopping. We kidded Bob that he was walking funny (you gotta love them body cavity searches) when he finally got here.

Before the return to Phoenix, about 10 women from the park had gone to Bells (Bealls) for a 95% off day. One lady had about two shopping bags full and was pulling out her credit card to pay when the cashier said that will be $4.47 please. Oh heck, I can afford to pay cash was her comment.

We had an excellent Thanksgiving Dinner with about 170 of our neighbors.

We went for a day trip to Yuma and saw Beth and Chris (Sue's gourding girlfriend). They have bought a house in Caldwell, Idaho and will be spending their summers there rather than traveling. So, they are going to give up their rental house in Yuma and live in their Motor Home in the winter. Just like normal winter folk.

December just flew by and it was Sue's birthday, then Christmas. Again, we had dinner with about 160 of our neighbors and food was great. Sue made some candied yams for our table to supplement the vegetables done by the social committee.

New Years eve had the comedy duo of Bernie & Red performing. This is the third time that we have seen them perform, and they still keep us laughing so hard we get tears. We hung around after the performance to see the New Year come in and then headed home. We were planning a desert run in the morning.

There were a total of 4 buggies and one jeep.

We got out there and set up a little day camp because we were going to have a BBQ wieners.

Before lunch, we went out a couple of times, The first time out, I got stuck, but was able to back up and continue on. The second time out, I was going to go left off the top of one dune and all of a sudden, the buggy went right. Stuck! I tried to back up, but only succeeded in showering myself with sand. I was high centered. Sue got out of the car and had to hang on because she was sliding down the hill in the soft sand. On the radio and asked for help and a shovel. Bob and John went back and picked up the shovel. This is the second attempt to get me out. You can see some ruts in the sand where Bob dug down and we had to pull him out to try again.

This didn't work to well. as you can see by the flying sand.

We need Bob to change positions again, but he needed to disconnect first.

I think it was about the 5th try that I finally got pulled off the sand. We played abit more and then went back for lunch.

After lunch, Bob and Jeanette went for a run. The people that did not get stuck were the ones without the sand tires. I guess they made Bob and I too confident.

As you can see, at least he was not to far from camp.

All in all, it was a good day. We all got home safe and sound, tired and dusty.

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?